Myofascial Release Therapy
The fascial system is comprised of connective tissue that is one continuous multidimensional web that runs from head to toe, front to back.
Myofascial Release Therapy is a highly specialized technique using sustained pressure in restricted areas of the body, allowing the fascia to rehydrate and glide once again.
Trauma, inflammatory responses, and/or surgical procedures create Myofascial restrictions that can produce tensile pressures of nearly 2,000 pounds per square inch on pain sensitive structures. These restrictions do not show up in many of the standard tests (x-rays, myelograms, CAT scans, electromyography, etc.)
What makes MFR different from traditional massage therapy?
- Sustained pressure of at least 5 minutes.
- No oils are used or applied.
- Clients wear gym shorts and tank tops.
- Therapy addresses and treats the source of pain versus temporary symptom relief.
Meet our Therapists - call to schedule an appointment!
Authentic Healing - authentichealingmfr.com
Lori Walters, LMT (805) 720-7418
- 1,000 hour certificate in massage therapy in 2001. Licensed in the State of California.
- Expert Level Therapist in the John F. Barnes’ approach to Myofacial Release (MFR) with over 500 hours of training from the world renowned John F. Barnes, PT, LMT, NCTMB.
- Central Coast MFR Study Group Facilitator.
Kristi White, MT (805) 712-3634
- 500 hour certificate in massage therapy in 2018. Licensed in San Luis Obispo County.
- 225 hours training in the John F. Barnes’ approach to Myofacial Release (MFR).
- B.A. in Teaching and Coaching of Physical Education, 1994.
- Junior Olympian 4-time medalist.